Last Updated: Friday - 09/24/2010
Week of July 23, 2007
St. Paul diocese announces changes in pastoral duties
Special to the WCR
Bishop Luc Bouchard has announced the following pastoral appointments, effective July 2, for recently ordained priests and deacons in the St. Paul Diocese:
- Father Andrew Schoenberger is appointed assistant pastor in Fort McMurray.
- Father Mario Jubinville is appointed assistant pastor of St-Louis-de-France Parish, Bonnyville, and Our Lady of Mercy Parish, Kehewin.
- Deacon Terry Olson is assigned to the parishes in Barrhead, Swan Hills and Fort Assiniboine.
- Deacon Jerry Metz is assigned to the two parishes in Fort McMurray, as well as to parishes in Chard, Conklin, Fort McKay and Fort Chipewyan.
- Deacon Raymond Chan is assigned to the two parishes in Fort McMurray, as well as to parishes in Chard, Conklin, Fort McKay and Fort Chipewyan.
- Deacon Patrick Murphy is assigned to parishes in Lac La Biche, Venice/Hylo and Beaver Lake.
- Deacon Ernie Sehn is appointed to parishes in Lac La Biche, Venice/Hylo and Beaver Lake. He will also be the liaison person between the Knights of Columbus of the Diocese and the bishop of St. Paul .
- Deacon Walter Desjarlais is assigned to the parishes in LeGoff, Elizabeth Settlement and Frog Lake. He will also be the spiritual director to the native Cursillo movement in the diocese and liaison person to the bishop for native issues in the diocese.
- Deacon John Woodcok is assigned to the parishes in Cold Lake and Ardmore.
- Deacon Joe McMorrow is assigned as director of the diaconal program for the St. Paul Diocese and special researcher on theological and pastoral matters for the bishop of the Diocese of St. Paul. He is also appointed director of the newly created office of social justice.
Copyright © 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 -- Western Catholic Reporter
Our mission: To serve our readers by bringing the Gospel to bear on current issues in the Church and in secular culture through accurate news coverage and reflective commentary.