Last Updated: Friday - 09/24/2010
Week of September 19, 2005
St. Paul Diocese appointments
Bishop Luc Bouchard of St. Paul has announced the following clergy appointments for the St. Paul Diocese:
- Father Peter Tran is granted a three-year study leave to obtain a licentiate in canon law from the University of St. Paul in Ottawa. He is relieved from his present duties as chancellor.
- Father David Bernard is appointed pastor of St-Jean-de-Brebeuf of Mallaig, St. Helen of St. Lina, St. Vincent of St. Vincent and St. Anthony of Goodridge.
- Father Rene Realuyo is appointed pastor of St. Raphael in LeGoff, St. Marguerite d’Youville, in Elizabeth Settlement and Our Lady of Good Counsel in Frog Lake.
- Father Martin Jubinville is appointed pastor of Sacred Heart in Vilna, Our Lady of Atonement in Smoky Lake, Immaculate Heart of Mary in Kikino and St. Matthias in Goodfish Lake.
- Father Sabinus Iwu is appointed assistant priest of St. John the Baptist and St. Paul in Fort McMurray, St. Julian in Fort MacKay, St. Gabriel in Chard and St. Vincent in Conklin.
- Father Hippolytus Njoku is appointed assistant priest of St. John the Baptist and St. Paul in Fort McMurray, St.Julian of Fort MacKay, St. Gabriel of Chard and St. Vincent of Conklin.
- Oblate Father Ignacy Warias is appointed pastor of St. Louis in Bonnyville and Our Lady of Mercy in Kehewin.
- Carmelite Father Paul Moses Chakkalackal, newly arrived from India, is appointed assistant priest of St. Louis in Bonnyville and Our Lady of Mercy in Kehewin.
- ev. Mr. Marcel Lizotte, permanent deacon of the Diocese of St. Boniface now employed by the Lakeland Regional Catholic Separate School Division, will offer his services on the weekends to the parish of St. Louis of Bonnyville and Our Lady of Mercy in Kehewin.
Copyright © 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 -- Western Catholic Reporter
Our mission: To serve our readers by bringing the Gospel to bear on current issues in the Church and in secular culture through accurate news coverage and reflective commentary.